The Cedar Springs Downtown Development Authority (DDA) was created in 1990 as a means to halt property value deterioration and to increase property tax valuation, where possible, in the City’s business district. The basic purpose of the CSDDA is to reestablish and maintain the vitality of the Central Business District. Basic components of the plan include parking, commercial development and building renovation.
The City’s DDA has worked hard to improve the image of the downtown area by initiating a streetscape renovation and the development of a Downtown Facade Program which awarded grants to downtown business people who wanted to improve the look of their building’s facade. The facade grant program resulted in over $519,000 of private investment in the downtown corridor.
Members of the Board include:
- Bernie Beier – (Vanderhyde Ford)
- Shawn Kiphart – (CS Chamber of Commerce)
- Mayor Gerald Hall – (Council Representative)
- Rose Ellen Powell – (City resident)
- Kevin Marcus – (Kelley’s Restaurant)
- Perry Hopkins – (Resident)
- Julie Wheeler – (Independent Bank)
- Sally Howland – (The Cedar Chest)
- Sam Gebhardt – (CS Mill)
The Downtown Development Authority Board of Directors holds quarterly meetings at noon at the City Hall. Please call or email for an agenda as the meeting may be cancelled if there is no business to discuss.
You may also watch previous DDA Meetings on our new YouTube channel.