Public Act 198 of 1976 provides the means for a municipality to work with an area business to promote job retention and growth by offering an abatement on taxes for a certain period of years.
Cedar Springs’ Industrial Facilities Tax Advisory Committee meets on an as-needed basis to evaluate Industrial Facility Tax Exemption Requests. The committee looks at projected real and personal property investment as well as projected retained and created jobs. The committee makes a recommendation to the City Council for final approval on the request.
Committee members include:
- Mayor Gerald Hall
- Kathy Bremmer – City Resident
- Robert Truesdale – City Councilor
- Jason Rosenzweig – City Assessor
- Thad Taylor – City Manager
- Deb Brunett – City Finance Director