The Cedar Springs Area Parks and Recreation Board was created in 1986 as a public authority to provide a variety of coordinated recreational activities for the community. It was established for the purpose of planning and administering a system of public recreation, playgrounds, parks and other recreational facilities for the citizens of its member units.
The Parks and Recreation Board is a unique partnership between Cedar Springs Public Schools, the City of Cedar Springs, and Nelson, Solon, Courtland and Algoma Townships and is comprised of members representing those units.
Members of the Cedar Springs Area Parks and Recreation Board are:
- Betty VanderWal and Joyce Hansen (Algoma Township)
- Deb Brunett and Patsy Baar (City of Cedar Springs)
- Michelle Bayink and Shannon Vanderhyde (CS Public Schools)
- Barb Veenstra and Mark Tabor (Nelson Township)
- Alexis Ader (Courtland Township)
- Stephanie Morris and Chris Anton (Solon Township)