City of Cedar Springs
Regular Meeting of the
Cedar Springs City Council
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Cedar Springs City Hall
66 S. Main St.
Cedar Springs, Michigan
The purpose of the regularly scheduled meeting is to act and discuss any business that may come before the City Council including the following public hearings:
1. A Public Hearing will be held on the 2020/21 Fiscal Year Budget.
The property tax millage rate proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget will be a subject of this hearing. The proposed budget does not include a millage increase greater than the millage levied in the 2019/2020 Fiscal Year.
A copy of the proposed budget is available
online at www.cityofcedarsprings.org
2. A public hearing will be held on the potential construction of a dog park located at Riggle Park at 231 West Beech St. Cedar Springs, MI 49319.
Agendas, public notices and full meeting packets of the meetings may be found at the City of Cedar Springs’s website www.cityofcedarsprings.org
PLEASE NOTE: To mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, protect the public health, and provide essential protections to City of Cedar Springs residents; the City of Cedar Springs boards and commissions are conducting all meetings by video teleconference with limited public access to participate at the meeting location in accordance with public health gathering crowd size limitations, social distancing recommendations and Michigan Governor’s Executive Order 2020-70. It is the intention of the City to be in compliance with EO 2020-70 and EO 2020-48 and also the Open Meetings Act in order to promote government accountability and fostering openness in government to enhance responsible decision-making.
MEANS FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- Public comments may be submitted to the City Manager by email at any time prior to the meeting at email@example.com Comments submitted will be read aloud during the public comment portion of the meeting.
- Members of the public who attend at the location of the meeting may address the members during the public comment period via videoconference.
- Any member of the public wishing to listen to the proceedings or provide public comment may do so by using the following internet connection or phone numbers and pass code:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81076970378 Meeting ID: 81076970378
Phone Options: 1(646)558-8656 Meeting ID: 81076970378#
1(312)626-6799 Meeting ID: 81076970378#
ACCESSIBILITY FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES: Meetings of the Cedar Springs Boards and Commissions are available on the City of Cedar Springs YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoShqbamJ4TUESE_ykoK_PA/playlists YouTube provides real time closed caption transcriptions of the Board’s meetings. Enable captions by clicking the “Closed Captioning” or “CC” icon on the bottom bar. Please contact the City Clerk’s office at (616)696-1330 Ext. 101 prior to the meeting if additional assistance is needed to assist individuals with accessibility.