City of Cedar Springs
Regular Meeting of the
Cedar Springs Planning Commission
Tuesday, March 02, 2021
Cedar Springs City Hall
66 S. Main St.
Cedar Springs, Michigan
The purpose of the regularly scheduled meeting is to act and discuss any business that may come before the Planning Commission.
PLEASE NOTE: To mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, protect the public health, and provide essential protections to City of Cedar Springs residents; the City of Cedar Springs boards and commissions are conducting all meetings by video teleconference.
The Cedar Springs Planning Commission will conduct the following public hearings for the following topics:
- Public Hearing For A Special Land Use For The Property Owner At 270 West NE Cedar Springs, MI 49319, , Requests A Special Land Use For An Adult Foster Care/Large Group/Senior Care Home (13-20 Adults) In The R1 Zoning District. Special Land Uses Require Approval from The Planning Commission For This Request. The Parcel Number 41-02-36-205-002.
- Public Hearing For A Special Land Use For RK Agricultural Enterprises, LLC D/B/A Michiganja, At 40 N. Main Street Cedar Springs, MI 49319: The Applicant Is Seeking Special Land Use Approval For A Recreational (Adult-Use) Marihuana Retail Store. The Property Is Zoned B-2, The Applicant Requests Special Land Use Approval In That District. Special Land Uses Require Approval from The Planning Commission For This Request. The Parcel Number Is 41-03-30-312-002.
- Public Hearing For An Ordinance To Amend Chapter 40, Article 1, Section 40-6 Entitled “Definitions – N – Z;” Chapter 40, Article IV, Section 40-468 Entitled “Marihuana Establishments And Facilities;” Chapter 40, Article VIII, Section 40-575, Paragraph (G) Entitled “Marihuana Establishments” Of The Code Of Ordinances For The City Of Cedar Springs. The Proposed Change Requires A Minimum Of 100 Feet Between Marijuana Establishments. Copies Of The Proposed Amendment Are Available On The City Website At www.cityofcedarsprings.org
MEANS FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
• Public comments may be submitted to the City Manager by email at any time prior to the meeting at email@example.com Comments submitted will be read aloud during the public comment portion of the meeting.
• Members of the public who attend at the location of the meeting may address the members during the public comment period via videoconference.
• Any member of the public wishing to listen to the proceedings or provide public comment may do so by using the following internet connection or phone numbers and pass code:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84788475678 Meeting ID: 8847 5678
Phone Options: 1(646)558-8656 Meeting ID: 8847 5678#
1(312)626-6799 Meeting ID: 8847 5678#
Agendas, public notices, full meeting packets of the meetings, and contact information for members of the board that are participating remotely may be found at the City of Cedar Springs’s website www.cityofcedarsprings.org
ACCESSIBILITY FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES: Meetings of the Cedar Springs Boards and Commissions are available on the City of Cedar Springs YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoShqbamJ4TUESE_ykoK_PA/playlists YouTube provides real time closed caption transcriptions of the Board’s meetings. Enable captions by clicking the “Closed Captioning” or “CC” icon on the bottom bar. Please contact the City Clerk’s office at (616)696-1330 Ext. 101 prior to the meeting if additional assistance is needed to assist individuals with accessibility.
The Planning Commission meeting will be held in the Cedar Springs City Council Chambers, 66 S. Main St., Cedar Springs, MI 49319. Persons having any questions regarding these matters are urged to attend this meeting. If you are unable to attend the public hearing, but wish to have your comments become a part of the official record of the meeting, or if you have questions or concerns related to this proposal please submit them in writing to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org the above address, or contact City Hall at 616.696.1330.