For Police Service Call: (616) 632-6100
Emergency Call: 9-1-1
The City of Cedar Springs contracts police services with the Kent County Sheriff Department. Sgt. Jason Kelley has been assigned to oversee the Cedar Springs Unit. The Cedar Springs Unit has 4 full time deputies assigned to it who prove 24 hour coverage with the City.
All other questions may be directed to the Kent County Main Office at 616.632.6100.
All police records services can be obtained by visiting Kent County Sheriff’s Department at the following locations:
KCSD Main Office
701 Ball Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
M-F 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
KCSD North Sector Office
790 17 Mile Road NW
Kent City, MI 49330
Thursday and Friday, 8:30 – 4:30 p.m.
KCSD South Sector Office
8557 Kalamazoo Ave SE
Caledonia, MI 49316
Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Police Reports (active cases are not released)
- Freedom of Information Requests
- Gun Permits
- Sex Offender Registry
Online Services Offered:
- Citizens are able to file a police report online by visiting: www.kcsdonline.com (follow the simple directions)
- Citizens may print an accident report by visiting: www.accesskent.com and clicking on “online service.” Once there, click on “Accident Report” and follow the simple directions.
Useful Law Enforcement Links:
- Silent Observer
- Personal Protection OrderProcess
- State’s ICHAT Criminal Background Check
- Michigan State Police Sex Offender Website
- STOPPED program for parents of young drivers
- Kent County Correctional Facility, Inmate Lookup
- Purchase a crash report
- Sheriff Department House Check
- Cedar Springs Public Schools Sex Offender Registry Buffer Map
- Creative Technologies & Pilgrim Bible Church Sex Offender Buffer Map
- Sex Offender Registry Buffer Overview Map
- Internet Crime Complaint Center: ic3.gov
(All these links open to sites off the City of Cedar Springs website – the City of Cedar Springs is not responsible information contained on these external web sites.)